Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Promo & Tour: Fiery Passion by Alec John Belle


Title: Fiery Passion
Author: Alec John Belle
Genre/Age: Paranormal/YA
Series: Forbidden Darkness Chronicles (Book Three)
Publisher: Self-published
LinksGoodreads
SynopsisAfter the unexpected events at the end of Shadow People, Heather, Hayden, and their friends are trying to move forward with their lives. While trying to hunt down the new vessel of the Darkness, and trying to avoid a very complicated relationship, Heather thinks she can keep everything under control.

Until she's taken by a demon named Ziminiar.

As Hayden, Kadin, Philip, and Kristen try to find their friend, Heather unravels many truths about the world she lives in, the core of her being, and the true origins of the Monster Hunters.

In the third installment of The Forbidden Darkness Chronicles, secrets will be exposed, relationships will be tested, and the ultimate betrayal will leave fans breathless.

Because in a world where demons exist, nothing is ever as it seems.
 


My boyfriend stepped into the room, and the first thing I caught notice of was his black tuxedo. He was typically dressed in casual attire, with jeans a t-shirt, so seeing him all dressed up was a bit of a surprise. His short dark hair was even slicked back with some type of gel and his green eyes met mine.

“You look beautiful,” he said, staring at the dress. “Kristen made a good choice.”

I snorted. “You only like it because it shows off my boobs.”

He shrugged. “Nothing wrong with that.”

Although we officially started dating, there was still a bit of awkwardness between us. I hoped that eventually it’d go away, but for now, I blushed at his comment. “There’s everything wrong with that.”

Ignoring my statement, he said, “Are you all ready to go?”

“As ready as I’ll ever be,” I said. “I just don’t know how much more of this I can handle.” Philip reached out and grabbed my hand. “Don’t worry. Whatever happens, we’ll get through it together.”

Inspiration for the series
Ever since fifth grade, I knew I wanted to be an author. In fact, I was writing short stories and stuff at that age for class and even won an award for “Most Likely to be an Author”. Once I got into middle school, I found myself writing little novellas for my friends (a series which MAY one day come to life for readers).
When I reached seventh grade, I was on a haunted hayride at a plantation in South Carolina. While on this ride through the woods, all I imagined was that there was some type of secret society of Monster Hunters, and they were out there protecting us right now. I envisioned the scene with a guy named Lucas Mason, who discovers his sister and her best friends are Monster Hunters. Kristen Mason’s best friend, Heather Hawkins, is now the main narrator of the series, and that scene has yet to happen, because I backtracked the story several years.
Once I realized that Heather Hawkins was a wonderful fit for the main character instead of Lucas, I decided to go all the way back before Heather even knew she was a Monster Hunter. This, of course, gave me the idea for Kadin, who is now Heather’s friend in the series. In the version that readers read now, Kadin is a 19-year-old Djinn that has become extremely close to the gang. In the original version, Kadin was actually an old man called, you guessed it, The Old Man, and was the leader of a species called the Unknown. Because of this, the series was originally called The Unknown and the first book was called Negative Energy before I changed the first book to Forbidden Darkness, making The Forbidden Darkness Chronicles.
The series was also originally only going to be three books, but after sitting in my head for several years, I eventually had enough story to write eight books (the fourth book is currently in the works). Finally, after some hard thinking, I decided to weave in some young adult issues, such as suicide and self-harm. The Darkness, a physical entity that was locked away in a cave called Majlis al Jinn, now runs rampant, and feeds off of the energy that people give off (hence the original title, Negative Energy). One of the main characters in the series, Hayden, finds himself being caught between good and evil all the time, and is one of the Darkness’s main targets.
As I finally completed the first three books, the next three are a huge focus for me. Clock’s ticking in this world these characters live in and the stakes are higher than ever.
The first novel, Forbidden Darkness, is free for Kindle, as well as my contemporary YA novel The Long Road Home. Thanks for having me!
Alec John Belle resides in Carson City, NV, where he is currently attending high school for his senior year. At the age of 16 he wrote his first novel, Before I Break. His hobbies include reading, writing, and obsessing over Pretty Little Liars. He writes about tough topics that many are too afraid to talk about like suicide, homosexuality, self harm, bullying, mental illness, among other teenage issues, and he often blends these ideas with the paranormal. Despite writing such topics, he is a very cheerful person who enjoys looking for the best in life, while trying to help others do the same.

Author Links:

Buy Links:
The Long Road Home (contemporary YA novel and currently free): https://www.amazon.com/Long-Road-Home-Alec-Belle-ebook/dp/B01IK89824

No comments:

Post a Comment