Friday, July 15, 2016

Review: The Rules by Elizabeth Brown

Title: The Rules
Author: Elizabeth Brown
Genre/Age: Romance/Erotica
Series: Off Limits Series (Book Two)
Publisher: Self-published
Format: ebook via Purchase
Rating: ✺✺✺✺
LinksGoodreads
SynopsisAn older-brother's-best-friend romance

When you're a guy, the rules are simple. Live by the Bro Code:
Rule #1: Always have his back. 
Rule #2: Don’t ever leave him stranded.
Rule #3: Never, ever, touch his sister.

Aw, hell. Two out of three ain't bad. 
---------- 
Warning: This story contains mature humor, a lot of cursing, and of course, sexual situations. It’s intended for adult readers who enjoy that kind of thing. 
---------- 
Lambo and Ainsley's story.
Dual POV with no cliffhanger.
Book 2 in The Off-Limits series. Standalone- but you'll enjoy it more if you read Book 1.


Well, that settles it. I'm in love with Elizabeth Brown.


The characteristics of her male leads are practically identical to what I envision in the perfect man. Humorous, thoughtful, capable, quick-witted, protective. I could go on and on (and that doesn't even include their physical attributes!). After reading The Lessons, I was in love with Ryan. I was half expecting this book to be inferior to the first, because how could any man measure up to Mr. Andrews? Well, apparently, Lam can!

And Ms. Brown's leading ladies are far from damsels-in-distress. Sure, the women from both books have obstacles to overcome but I absolutely adored seeing the couples tackle said obstacles and grow together. It makes the story all the more believable to me and gives an incentive to root for their happy ending.

Alright. On to my thoughts...

In The Rules, we have a standard idea here that has been done many times. Dude who falls for his best friend's sister. And while it isn't anything groundbreaking, it is certainly done justice in this book. More than that, though, are several other struggles that Ainsley and Lambo have to work through in order to be together. I won't disclose what those are, though.

Right from the beginning, I see the chemistry between the two and feel the tug-and-pull as they attempt to avoid (then hide) their impending romance for the sake of the 'bro code'. But soon, both are in over their heads and tumbling fast.

Oh, and the love scenes in this book are sizzling! 



I am giddy with schoolgirl excitement, waiting to see/hear who the next book is going to be about. I'm sure it will probably be another one of the guys on the soccer team, which I am all-in for! But even if it's two random people meeting in the grocery store, I don't care. If Elizabeth Brown tells the story, I will read it!

In closing...
Sometimes your destiny is found in the last place you would ever look. Deeply fleshed out characters and a dash of naughty make this forbidden romance story one that I will definitely read again! 5 sizzling suns!

No comments:

Post a Comment