Sunday, August 14, 2016

Review: Aligned, Volume 4 by Ella Miles

Title: Aligned, Volume 4
Author: Ella Miles
Genre/Age: Contemporary Romance
Series: Aligned Series (Book Four)
Publisher: Self-published
Format: ebook via Author
Rating: ✺✺✺
LinksGoodreads
SynopsisI know who tried to kill me.

The same man that raped me is the same man that tried to kill me. Twice. I have some evidence, but not enough. I want revenge, but every step I take towards getting that revenge I feel myself drifting further from Landon.

I'm going to lose him.

I'm going to lose everything that I care about. All I can focus on is revenge. Maybe then I will be able to put the past behind me. Maybe then I can truly heal. I just hope I don't lose him and myself in the process.
__ __

She's pregnant.

Caroline has always held my deepest darkest secrets, but now she thinks she has another one. One that could control me. I can't be a father though.

I'm a monster.

The baby can't be mine. If it is, I already know my future. I'll lose the woman I love. The only woman I've ever wanted.


It's over! And it was a wild ride, that's for sure.

At the end of the third book, we are left with Alexa discovering who raped her and tried to kill her, repeatedly. Although, she didn't reveal who she suspected to us readers, we soon find out that it was the person we all probably suspected.

I half-hoped it wouldn't be the person I thought it was. I was naively hoping for some sort of redemption from said rapist/killer, but after reading about the callous and heinous acts committed by our villain, I have since changed my mind. He can rot.

But Alex's revenge is only one part of this story. We also have a mystery unfolding on the other side of the aisle, in regards to Caroline and her pregnancy. Even if Alex and Landon were able to move on after the return of Ethan, they would now have to deal with Caroline's insane scheming. That is one vindictive woman. She needs to be medicated. Seriously.


I accidentally stumbled upon a spoiler which ruined this pregnancy surprise for me, so I knew what would be revealed, eventually. However, I had absolutely no idea how it had really happened and the 'how' is a lot more surprising than the 'who', in my opinion. The depths that Caroline would go to in order to keep Landon around... Terrifying.


And while the Caroline debacle was crazy enough, Alex has a moment of insanity of her own, willingly putting herself into harm's way in order to get more evidence to convict her rapist/killer and free the innocents that were framed for the crimes. While her intentions were honorable, she finds herself and Landon in a horrific situation that had me hyperventilating.


At the end, I wanted to slap Caroline, shake sense into Drew, kiss and marry Landon, and wrap poor Alex inside a magical bubble for her safety. While I am glad the ending was a happy one, I think Landon is a better person than I am. I don't think I could ever be that forgiving.

In closing...
A gripping ending to an overall amazing series. I look forward to reading about the wedding! Five stunning suns!

No comments:

Post a Comment