Friday, August 12, 2016

Review: My Best Friend's Brother by Hazel Kelly

Title: My Best Friend's Brother
Author: Hazel Kelly
Genre/Age: Romance
Series: Soulmates Series (Book Two)
Publisher: Self-published
Format: ebook via KindleUnlimited
Rating: ✺✺✺
LinksGoodreads
SynopsisWe used to call ourselves The Three Musketeers. 
I know it's cliché, but we were only kids. 

They usually took turns being in charge, which was fine with me. I was just happy to go along with them. 

After all, I thought I was the luckiest little girl in the whole world. Most of my classmates only had one best friend, but I had two: my best friend Izzy and her twin brother. 

Back then, I hoped things would never change, but that's the problem with more. Once I saw a glimpse of it, it was impossible to stop wanting it. 

Especially when it came to Shane.

**This standalone best friend romance has no cheating, no cliffhangers, and is intended for a mature audience.


Awww... This was adorable! 


I picked this one up from KindleUnlimited on a whim. Something about the title and description made me curious and I have to say that I really enjoyed this story. It is a dual POV book, which I'm finding is my favorite for this genre.

Since childhood, Andi has been inseparable from her two best friends, twins Izzy and Shane. They did everything together and know everything about each other. After high school, Shane and Andi end up at the same college, while luckily, Izzy attends another school nearby.

Unfortunately, Andi has had a bad string of relationships, with the most recent man being the most dangerous. When a misunderstanding leads to a heated quarrel, Andi flees her boyfriend and seeks help and comfort from Shane, the one person on campus that she trusts, completely. 

Shane is an active member of his fraternity. A skilled poker player and popular with the ladies, he has no problem going after what he wants. Except, when it comes to Andi. For years, the sassy beauty has been unaware of his feelings for her and he's become an expert at hiding them.

But after Andi comes to him with a defeated look in her eye, Shane cannot help but wonder if he should test his luck with Andi. After all, he would be much better for her than any of the jerks she has been dating. However, to reveal his feelings means taking a risk of losing his best friend.

This book was a pleasure to read. I like my angsty romances as much as anyone, but it's so nice to occasionally read a story that isn't riddled with or bogged down by strife and turmoil. One that you can smile all the way through. And I did smile and laugh the entire time. It was quick read, spicy and lighthearted!

For some reason, Shane gave me a Jess from Gilmore Girls vibe...


In closing... 
This was an uplifting read and I am definitely interested in checking out the other books in this series. The next one is a boy-next-door romance. Yum! Four suns!


No comments:

Post a Comment