Friday, September 2, 2016

Friday Faves & Forecast ~ August 27-September 2, 2016


August 27 - September 2, 2016

~*~ Where I list my faves of the past week and what I expect from my upcoming reads! ~*~

Few of my favorite reads of the week:


Romance/Erotica
Have mercy! This book caused my poor cheeks to stay flushed for hours. It was a very steamy read with a fabulous leading lady. It was also a forbidden love (boss/employee) romance, which as you may know, is one of my favorite book themes. A mature adult read, for sure, however.
Fantasy/Sci Fi/YA
I was so anxious to read this book and was definitely pleased once I finished it. This is told by the POV of four brothers whose mother was human but father was from an alien race, giving them special powers and a unique destiny to fulfill. It was great to read from all-male POVs.

Romance/Adult
Another one of the forbidden love themes, though this one was a bit more of a risque relationship. I loved the flashbacks and the fact that there wasn't a lot of outside interference in this story which meant more one-o-one couple time. Just two people learning to face their feelings for each other.



Forecast of next week's readings:


Fantasy/YA
I snagged this from the library as it's the September read for one of my Goodreads groups. It's a giant book and I haven't really picked it up, yet, but it's due back on Tuesday and I have to get to it before then. I'm not sure what to expect from this one but have read a lot of good reviews so--fingers crossed!

Fantasy Adventure
I have this in audiobook through KindleUnlimited and have listened to a few chapters, so far. It will take me at least another week or so to finish because I only listen to audiobooks when I'm driving or working. So far, it has been an interesting read/listen with a variety of characters who have peculiar names. I predict a fun adventure ahead!

Paranormal Romance/Adult
I don't read a lot of shifter books. It just hasn't been my thing, so far. But for some reason, this one spoke to me. Something about two people who despise each other, yet cannot deny their attraction sounds to me like a spicy read. I bought this thing and it's been screaming for me to read it ever since. The forecast is a lot of steam ahead!




Are any of these books on your TBR?

No comments:

Post a Comment