Saturday, September 17, 2016

Review: Nuclear Heat by J.L. White

Title: Nuclear Heat
Author: J.L. White
Genre/Age: Romance
Series: Fireworks Girls Series (Book Four)
Publisher: Velvet Pen Books
Format: ebook via KindleUnlimited
Rating: ✺✺✺
LinksGoodreads
SynopsisThey call us the Firework Girls.

I’m Sam. Let’s get one thing straight. Marriage is fine for some people, but it’s got nothing to do with me. If you knew the truth about my past, believe me, you’d understand. 

But hey, I’m not complaining. I’ve got a good job. Great friends. And when I need a little something in the man department, well... I’ve never had any trouble getting that when I want it either. 

Then Jack has to come along and screw it all up. 

I never saw it coming. I mean, we’ve been friends for six years. Years. But in one moment... one gooseflesh-inducing, world tilting, alarming moment... it all starts to change. 

Let me tell you something, the last thing in the world I wanted to do was freaking fall in love. But that Jack snuck right under my radar. 

I’m not too happy about it either.

Not one damn bit.



Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! *squeals like a schoolgirl*


This book was perfection. Just perfect. And Jack? I am still swooning over Jack. By far, this is my favorite of the series and obviously the best was saved for last! Okay, I need to remind myself to breathe...

Sam is our fourth firework girl to find her happily ever after. She is perfectly content with her carefree and independent life. She doesn't want a boyfriend and avoids seeing the same guys over and over in order to prevent an attachment. 

Jack is an honorary firework girl. He has been best friends with all four of the girls but has a special relationship with Sam. They are two peas in a pod, so to speak. But now that three of the group are married (or almost married), Jack has found himself analyzing his own future. In an attempt to change his ways, he starts dating a woman he could become serious with.

However, fate has other ideas. When Sam becomes ill, Jack realizes just how quickly and easily he could lose her. And he doesn't ever want to live without Sam. Uh oh... This could be problematic considering he is already in a relationship with another woman. Oh, and Sam doesn't want to date him or anyone. Yet, a simple gesture turns everyone on their heads and soon Sam and Jack are stuck in a situation that neither of them could have predicted.

I can't complain about a single thing. This book was great. The pacing was good, the romance was steaming, and I enjoyed every bit of it! Eeeeeek!

Image result for squee gif

In closing...
I am so sad to see this series end. Each book had a different feel to it and I enjoyed them all for different reasons. I will definitely check out J.L. White's other works. Five suns!

No comments:

Post a Comment