Sunday, February 11, 2018

Audio Excerpt & Promo: Legacy by Jesikah Sundin




Author: Jesikah Sundin
Narrators: Sunil Patel
Length: 12 hours 30 minutes
Publisher: Forest Tales Publishing
Released: Dec. 11, 2017
Genre: Science Fiction

 


 
She is from the past, locked inside a world within a world.
He is from the future, haunted by her death.
A sensible young nobleman and his fiery sister live in an experimental medieval village. Sealed inside this biodome since infancy, Leaf and Willow have been groomed by The Code to build a sustainable world, one devoid of Outsider interference. One that believes death will give way to life.
All is ideal until their father bequeaths a family secret with his dying breath, placing an invisible crown of power on Leaf's head. Now everyone in their quiet town is suspect. Risking banishment, the siblings search for clues, leading them to Fillion Nichols, an Outsider with a shocking connection to their family. Their encounter launches Fillion into battle with his turbulent past as he rushes to decode the many secrets that bind their future together--a necessity if they are all to survive.
Cultures clash in an unforgettable quest for truth, unfolding a story rich in mystery, betrayal, and love. 
Are you ready to discover what is real?






Jesikah Sundin is multi-award winning a sci-fi/fantasy writer mom of three nerdlets and devoted wife to a gamer geek. In addition to her family, she shares her home in Monroe, Washington with a red-footed tortoise and a collection of seatbelt purses. She is addicted to coffee, laughing, and Dr. Martens boots and shoes ... Oh! And the forest is her happy place. Other Interesting tidbits: Jesikah owns Forest Tales Photography, and boasts a varied background in business administration and marketing, though her heart has always belonged to the arts and sciences. In college, she pursued a degree in geophysics and oceanography. And, as a teenager, she attended a performing arts school for musical theater and opera, performing in several theater productions, while also serving as editor-in-chief of her high school’s newspaper. She is married for over twenty years to her high school sweetheart and raising three awesomely geeky children. When not writing, she’s often found in her garden, hiking, gaming, baking, fangirling over all things Star Wars and Firefly, or attending various conventions in cosplay, notably Comicon and FaerieCon.


WebsiteTwitterFacebookGoodreadsPinterestInstagram
Narrator Bio
My name is Sunil Patel and I am a professional British male Voice-Over artist. I was born and bred in London, UK, and woke up with a deep, rumbling voice when I neared adulthood. As a result I have pursued the lifestyle of a Voice Actor / Voice-over artist, not wanting my unique voice to go to waste. I have recorded for multinational companies like Herbal Life, and organisations like The Billy Graham Evangelist Association. I have also narrated an audiobook called Legacy: The Biodome Chronicles. I can also do voice-overs in other languages, which includes Hindi and Gujarati. I have been voice trained by coach and mentor, Gary Terrza (https://www.vomasterclass.com), a successful and and well-known voice actor who has been doing his craft for over 25 years. I have also received additional voice training by my acting mentor and coach, Gavin MacAlinden, (https://www.actinggymnasium.co.uk/) Other interesting facts about myself: I worked as a Police Community Support Officer for the London Metropolitan Police for four years; Travelled to 16 countries; Climbed 3 mountains, including a Himalayan peak; I speak 5 languages and most importantly I am also pursuing a career in acting and have performed in local theater in Camden, London.


WebsiteTwitterFacebook


This or That 

  1. Waffle fries or curly fries? (Jesikah): Curly fries, always. Yummy seasonings and you can play with your food before eating it. There is something so very satisfying about stretching a curly fry and watching it boing back into place.
  2. GIF with a hard g or soft g? (Jesikah): Hard g for “graphic”, because “graphic” interchange format *wink, wink* Otherwise, it sounds like Jiff, you know, the peanut butter brand? Yeah … so not a GIF.
  3. Fantasy or science-fiction? (Jesikah): Both! I tend to read more fantasy, though, as I prefer character-driven stories, lyrical writing, and earthy landscapes. But I love artsy cyberpunk science fiction with social commentary, such as the Blade Runner movies and Ghost in the Shell (original anime), or literary science fiction like Arrival.
  4. Superman or Batman? (Jesikah): Batman. Superman is too much of a Gary Sue. Love me a dark, negative lead male character with a sad past. (Sunil): Batman. He is a self-made superhero, with a dark past.
  5. Text message or call?  (Jesikah): TEXT MESSAGE. Calls set-off my introvert anxiety. And when that happens? I stumble over words and nervously laugh. Ugh. *rolls eyes at self*  (Sunil): Call, it’s just nice to talk to people :)
  6. Pancakes or waffles? (Jesikah): Waffles, without question. My husband and I used judge restaurants based on their waffles. True story.
  7. Doctor Who or the Walking Dead? (Jesikah): Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff ;-)
  8. TV Shows or movies? (Jesikah): Movies, usually. Unless it’s a mini-series, then TV shows. I have a weakness for mini-series. (Sunil): I’m a big movie fan, and although I can get sucked in to a good show, movies are number 1 for me.
  9. Facebook or Twitter? (Jesikah): Facebook. Less noisy of a newsfeed. Twitter is far too cluttered for my brain.  (Sunil): Facebook, less clutter and I can rant all I want without being restricted.
  10. Alice in Wonderland or Robinson Crusoe? (Jesikah): Alice in Wonderland, especially retellings or stories with rabbit/wormhole tropes. I love falling through time and/or dimensions type stories.
  11. Being too warm or too cold? (Jesikah): Hmmm … Too warm, I guess. Much rather sweat than lose digits from frostbite. Or have chattering teeth. Plus, very few things feel as wonderful as a cool breeze on a hot day. (Sunil): Really hairy, so being too warm causes sweat, and sweat causes further complications, so I am going to go for too cold.
  12. Netflix or Hulu? (Jesikah): Netflix. No commercials. I loathe commercials.  (Sunil): Netflix, never been on Hulu.
  13. Work Hard or Play Hard? (Jesikah): Play while working hard. Life’s too short to not enjoy life, even when working. But the best satisfaction comes from a job well done.
  14. Passenger or Driver? (Jesikah): Passenger. Please don’t make drive. PLEASE. (Sunil): Passenger, especially long distance journeys
  15. Amusement Park or Day at the Beach? (Jesikah): Day at the beach followed by a day in the forest. *le sigh* (Sunil): Beach, or sitting on some grassy patch high up  on a mountain.
  16. Honesty or Other’s Feelings? (Jesikah): Depends on the scenario. Usually, honesty. (Sunil): Can’t choose, honesty I would say.
  17.  Movie at Home or Movie at the Theater? (Jesikah): Movie at home, snuggled up with a blanket and with a glass of my husband’s homebrewed hard apple cider or mead. (Sunil): Movie at home, with a cup of Earl Grey.

 
Feb. 9th: The Writing Train 
Feb. 11th: Lilly's Book World 
Feb. 12th: AudioSpy 
Feb. 13th: Lomeraniel
  
➜Sign up as a host here

No comments:

Post a Comment