Saturday, August 27, 2016

Friday Faves & Forecast ~ August 20-26, 2016 (1 Day Late!)


August 20-26, 2016

~*~ Where I list my faves of the past week and what I expect from my upcoming reads! ~*~

I'm late! I had a tour post yesterday and didn't want to overshadow it with my FFF post. Better late than never, though! Fewer books this week because I am 3 books behind from last week. I took two days off to do some editing and writing on my own books. I'll catch up on my reading this weekend, though! :)

Few of my favorite reads of the week:


Women's Fiction
I may have had my doubts but I was absolutely wrong. This book was fantastic. I could not put it down. The roller coaster of emotions that I went through (including the elusive 'sad' tears!) was just phenomenal.
Epic Fantasy Romance
This book really took me by surprise. From the cover, I was half-expecting a heavy book (think, LOTR, etc.) but even though this was a complex story, it was a fantastic read! Non-stop action and thrilling plot twists. Just great!

Romance
I read this in almost a single sitting. It wasn't what I was expecting. It was steamy, sure, but I thought the love story was more heartwarming than I usually find in rock star romances. Still, I enjoyed it and look forward to the next one!

Forecast of next week's readings:


Adult Romance
I am reading this one now for a book blast on Tuesday. I signed up for this one on a whim, simply because the book description made me blush. Ha! I love a good spicy romance and this looks to be just the thing to keep me up all night tonight...
Historical Romance
Another historical romance? Yep! I seem to be drawn to these even though I don't necessarily like the time period. The "rules" are too stuffy for my taste, yet I have enjoyed every single HR book that I've read! I expect to like this one, too.

NA Romance
A NetGalley read, I'll be fitting this one in when I can, though it may not be until next weekend. The cover doesn't really show it, but it's another rock star romance so I am really expecting to enjoy this story. Reviews say it's a sweet romance, too!
Faerie Lights: Glimmer: A Magical Historical Fantasy by [Noire, Rayna]
Historical Fantasy
I can't seem to find a Goodreads page for this book but I am reviewing it for a tour stop on Thursday. Since I only have the synopsis to go by, I am not sure what to predict from this one. Fingers are crossed that it's good.







Are any of these books on your TBR?


No comments:

Post a Comment