Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Read in Middle & High School



This will be my first Top Ten Tuesday! Each week, the hosting site declares a topic and we (the bloggers) are challenged to come up with a list of ten things within that theme. This week's topic is:


Top Ten Books I Read in Middle/High School

There were a few options to choose from this week as long as they were school related. I chose to do books I read while in school. Keep in mind, I began reading beyond my maturity before I finished middle school. That will explain the certain *ahem* adult-age books you may see.


1) My Favorite Book
If I had to pick just one book, this would probably be my favorite. It isn't necessarily an earth-shattering story but it was the most memorable of my childhood. I can still visualize the little house in the side of the hill with dirt floors and the leeches in the creek. 
2) The scary side of life...
Even before I went through my binge-watching horror movie years as a teen, I had already experienced a few years of binge-reading horror books, too. These may not be Stephen King but for a child there is nothing scarier than finding out your neighbors are ghosts that want to kill you. Seriously. Nothing scarier.
3) Pre-teen must-reads!
I had this entire series and may still have some packed up somewhere. My mother subscribed me to the books and a new one came in the mail ever so often. I fell in love with the girls (and their boy crushes) and followed their crazy antics while experiencing my own.

4) Started my obsession.
I read this book in the 9th grade. My middle school-aged brother brought it home from the library and I picked it up for no good reason. I read this thing in like two days and became obsessed. I'm sure no one else can relate to that, right? *snickers*

5) A darker story, this way comes...
This book really surprised me. I'm not sure why I chose to read it when browsing my high school library but I did and this series became a must-read for me. It was the first time I read about a really evil villain. One that scared the daylights out of me!

6) My regretful read.
I regret reading this book! When the first LOTR movie came out, I loved it! Then I decided to read the second book in order to be prepared for the second movie. I shouldn't have. It ruined the movie for me as I found myself comparing the two. I then decided to skip the third book. I did read The Hobbit, though.

7) My first adult romance!
This was my first adult romance book! My mother handed it to me and after this book, I've never looked back! It isn't my favorite of Nora's books but it still holds a special place in my heart because I had never read a love scene before this.

8) My favorite NR book!
Midnight Bayou IS my favorite Nora Robert's standalone book. It's a paranormal romance due to the ghostly events and is set in the bayou (obviously). I mostly liked the Lifetime movie version of this, too, which starred Jerry O'Connell. Yum!

9) First fantasy trilogy.
If I'm not mistaken, this is the first trilogy I read by Nora. It is not my favorite but I read the Circle Trilogy (my favorite) after high school, so I couldn't use it in this list. Still, this series might be my second favorite trilogy by Nora and she has a LOT of them.

10) Mother-daughter read.
My mother began to read this series and couldn't stop talking about it so I just had to try it out for myself. I didn't, and still don't, usually read mystery romances. Yet, I love this series! I think I read all the way to the twelfth book before I stopped. 

It's a strange combination of books, I know. I still have a lot of them on my shelves, waiting until my daughters get older so I can introduce them to my favorite books in the same way my mother did for me. Reading is a hobby we should all strive to pass along!


What is on your Top Ten Tuesday list?

No comments:

Post a Comment