Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Mini Reviews ~ May 2017

Sometimes, I don't have the time or inclination to do a full review for a title. This will typically apply to books that are short stories, part of a mini-series, some novellas, etc. Instead of abandoning these reviews, I will be giving mini reviews. Check them out!


Title: Elphame Realms E-zine - Issue #1
Author: Various
Genre/Age: Fantasy/YA
Series: Elphame Realms E-zine
Publisher: Elphame Press
Format: ebook via KindleUnlimited
Rating: ✺✺✺
LinksGoodreads
Review: What a great collection of short stories, a poem, and a peek into writing sci-fi! I think my favorite story was 'The Woman Who Couldn't Stay in Her Body'. I also really liked 'Shell', too. It was a quick read and I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for the next issue.



Title: Save Me
Author: Logan Chance
Genre/Age: Contemporary Romance/Adult
Series: Sex Me Series (Book Three)
Publisher: Brothers Chance
Format: ebook via KindleUnlimited
Rating: ✺✺✺
LinksGoodreads
Review: This was a quick read with a surprise twist!

Ryan has returned from war and he knows something isn't right inside his brain. But he's decided to ignore the doctor's warning. Instead, he would prefer to pretend that nothing is wrong and that becomes easier to do when he reconnects with his childhood friend, Lizzy. Only, she's different now, too. And he'd like nothing more than to get to know the woman she's become. If only his head would cooperate with the rest of him.

I picked this one up through the KU Challenge and I'm glad that I did. This novella had good pacing and characters who were easy to connect with. I wasn't sure which direction the story was going to go until it happened. And boy, was the twist a doozy. The romance was sweet at times and spicy in others. But I felt a whole slew of emotions throughout the book and really enjoyed the ending. Four suns!

No comments:

Post a Comment