Thursday, November 24, 2016

Review: First Love by Hazel Kelly

Title: First Love
Author: Hazel Kelly
Genre/Age: Romance
Series: Soulmates Series (Book Four)
Publisher: Self-published
Format: ebook via KindleUnlimited
Rating: ✺✺✺
LinksGoodreads
SynopsisThey say you'll never forget your first love, and that's definitely true in my case. 
I think that’s because he was my first everything. My first crush, my first kiss, my first… home run. 

I don’t know what it was about Adam, but from the moment I met him, being around him wasn’t just a cerebral stimulant. It was a full body experience. 

Unfortunately, the only predictable thing about our relationship was that we never seemed to have enough time together. 

On the one hand, that was a blessing. It meant I never had to deal with the pain of watching the spark between us fizzle as we grew up and grew apart. 

Then again, maybe it wouldn’t have. Maybe it would’ve ignited further and turned into something… more. 

Not that it mattered. 

The past was the past, and I needed to put my teenage daydreams behind me. 

Still, part of me refused to give up hope. 

But like a candle, hope can only burn for so long, and mine had nearly flickered out. 

After all, so many years had passed since I’d seen my perfect summer crush that he'd become nothing but a string of scattered, faded flashbacks that seemed too good to be true and too old to keep on such a dusty pedestal.

Of course, as soon as I was ready to forgive and forget, he walked back into my life out of the blue- sexier, bolder, and more unattainable than ever. 

And as if invigorated by a gust of warm ocean breeze, my candle burned bright again. 

**This is a full-length, standalone romance novel with no cliffhanger and no cheating. It is intended for a mature audience. 


Hazel Kelly has done it, again! This story was absolutely fantastic. The hotel angle is something new for me. I'm not sure I've ever read of characters who own/run a hotel, so this was a fresh setting for a steamy romance to ensue. And yes, it certainly was steamy!

Image result for it's hot gif


Jolie works hard to keep her family's hotel afloat. So imagine her surprise when she learns that her mother has suddenly sold the business to another. Even more shocking, Jolie finds that the new owner is none other than the boy who she enjoyed a summer fling with as a teenager. Only, he isn't a boy any longer...

When Adam sees an opportunity to buy and save a failing hotel, he can't refuse. It helps, too, that he still lusts after the girl who now runs the place. He's never forgotten the hotel, which was always a safe haven for him as a child. And he definitely hasn't forgotten Jolie.

The shock of having her hotel swept out from under her hit Jolie hard. She isn't pleased with the situation and she's even less happy to see her dreamy ex-lover at the helm. Even if she did want to rekindle the flames, now that Adam is her boss, it makes things more difficult. And when Adam's ideas for improving the business impress even her, Jolie finds that denying her feelings may be impossible.

From the very first page, I was on Jolie's side. Then I met Adam and fell for him, too. The flashbacks give a peek into the childhood to teenage romance that left the two of them pining for each other. Watching the couple come back together was so much fun.

In closing... 
Another great book! Hazel Kelly needs to get a Twitter account so I can stalk her more thoroughly. Five fantastic suns!

   

Related Reviews:
  

No comments:

Post a Comment